7 Signs of a Worn Mattress
Waking up with a feeling of tiredness, sore muscles or back pain and you start thinking maybe there is something wrong with your body. And you start wondering what are you not doing right in your routine, suddenly you start to overthink every situation how you sit, how you work but the one thing that people seldom think about is: maybe it’s my mattress that needs to change. What are the signs of a worn mattress?
Attaining quality sleep is important for your health and can help you to focus on your work or daily tasks. Because not getting enough sleep makes you tired which can affect your cognitive and sensory skills. There are many reasons for not getting a quality sleep but if you’re not working late, not consuming caffeine before bed, exercising regularly and still not getting quality sleep then maybe it’s time to change your mattress.
Signs of Bad Mattress
- For the starters, check the purchase date of your current mattress. A normal mattress life span is around 8 to 10 years.
- Using a mattress for only 2 or 3 years and it’s not comfortable anymore.
- Water damage, stains and or mold. Try not to spill water or lie down when you’re sweaty.
- Dips or humps. If this is the case you have to change your mattress as soon as you can.
Its not always the case that your mattress needs to change. What if you purchased a mattress last year and now, you’re facing problems. Here are some common tips for mattress longevity:
- Use a Mattress Topper
- Some Mattresses need to be flipped or rotated every 6 months
- Change Mattress cover after 2 or 3 days
- Wash the sheets every 2 or 3 days to remove Dust Mites and other microorganisms
When it comes to choosing a mattress it’s not necessary that you and your partner agree on one thing. If firmer mattress is good for you maybe it’s not good for your partner. So, you have to consider all the options before purchasing a mattress because it may affect the other person’s back differently. So, you should make your decision wisely and collaboratively. Is your worn mattress due for some easy maintenance or is is time for a new one?
Why Choose Sleep Station?
Sleep Station is your source for name-brand closeout mattresses up to 75% off regular retail prices. Our commitment to providing the best sleep solutions remains unmatched. We invite you to stop by your nearest location in Memphis or Munford to find the perfect mattress for you!